Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Champion Beagle

Since Beagles are now the "top dog" in America, I thought I'd brag about my champ, Gus.

Gus is about 17 years old and here's more about his winning personality and style:

- He only sleeps on soft surfaces. He needs blankets, pillows, or anything else comfy. He does not lay on bare floors.

- Gus has gas that will take your breath away!

- Gus is an attention getter. When I walked him in a local parade, he was the star of the show.

- Gus will eat nearly anything. It literally almost killed him last year (read the blog about that)... Oh, and the follow up.

- He is a "momma's boy"...where I go, he follows.

- He is scared to go down stairs on his own. This can be very agitating because he will stand at the top of the stairs and whine for help.

- Gus is everyone's friend. Whenever a guest stops by (or we have a service call) he's there, wagging his tail. Gus acts like everyone is his long lost friend.

- He hates having to take a bath. He acts like a really big baby and fights me to get out of the tub the whole time. But he enjoys playing in the big bath towel when it's time to dry off.

- If he gets stuck upstairs, and I go up to "rescue" him and help him down, he always plays a little "chase me" game.

That's my Gus (who is laying here on a blanket by my feet as I type.)

Also, for your enjoyment, pictures that really show off his personality...check out the slide show at the bottom of this post. *See a larger version of it here.

Eat your heart out Uno!

- Mary-Lynn
MARYLYNNFORM ME:

Do you have a beagle? Tell me about him or her!

No comments: