Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Was Justice Served?

I was hosting my 12noon-3pm talk radio show on ConnectFM today when we heard the jury in the Casey Anthony trial had reached a verdict.

I was surprised that a verdict had been reached so quickly. My hunch was that it was because they'd found her not guilty. I'd watched the closing arguments over the weekend, and while the prosecution played on the emotion of the case, I felt they hadn't proved their case. Evidently the jury agreed. Casey was found NOT guilty of first degree murder, aggravated child abuse, and aggravated manslaughter. She was only found guilty on the four counts of providing false information to police.

After the verdict was announced, I talked about this with our listeners.
Click to hear their reactions.

My co-host, Ryann Monahan, is a former news reporter for one of our TV stations here in Champaign, Il. She reached out to another news reporter she knew from here, but who now works in Orlando, Florida. Amanda Evans has been covering the Casey Anthony trial from the beginning and shared some great insights with us, click here to listen to our interview.

My thought on the case is that I believe little Caylee died accidentally but because of her mother's neglect. I think she left her home alone. Came home, found her, and then covered up the death so she wouldn't have to pay the consequences.

The sad thing is that we'll never know the truth. Caylee's death will remain a mystery, just like JonBenét Ramsey.

What was your reaction to the verdict? Do you think justice was served?

No comments: