Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Memory of My Friend Diane


I attended a memorial service today for a wonderful woman who I was blessed to meet.

The first time I met her, I was meeting at the radio station to meet with Stevie Jay about working for him as a talk show host. She greeted me at the front desk, and led me to the conference room. She was super sweet.

Once I began working at the station, I instantly bonded with her. Diane had a radiant smile. She was high on life. She had big ideas and dreams. She had a daughter she adored.

I always loved her cute outfits too. When I complimented her the first time, she told me about how she'd lost a whole lot of weight. She even pulled out an old picture...I couldn't believe it was the same person. She told me she just changed her eating habits and put exercise into her daily routine. She got into jogging and ran in a local marathon last year. She was going to do the same one this year too.

She was a great on-air guest too! On the anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster, Diane was on my show because she lived in Florida at the time and saw it from outside of her workplace. Because she shared her story, I learned a new perspective from someone who was there.

The best thing about Diane was her smile. A smile that lit up her eyes. She always had a loving, energetic, positive vibe. Her daughter Sarah is exactly the same way. I was so thrilled to meet her, and just like Diane, there was an instant bond.

Because of Diane, I will enjoy the sunshine even more. I will dream even bigger. I WILL add exercise in my life so I can lose weight and wear cute outfits like her.

I'm so lucky to have met her. I will never forget her.

- Mary-Lynn

No comments: