Monday, June 21, 2010

My Feet Hurt

For the past couple of years since staring BIGG Success, I've been sitting.

- Sitting while building a website.

- Sitting while producing our podcasts.

- Sitting while brainstorming.

- Sitting while taking in webinars

In contrast, when I was in radio, I was always standing.

- Standing while hosting my show.

- Standing while producing commercials.

- Standing while hosting live broadcasts.

- Standing while show prepping at the computer.

The radio station had "standing studios." The boards were set up on counters that were above your waist. We had tall chairs so we could sit, but I preferred to stand.

My office has a "sitting studio." As we all know, conventional office desks are made for sitting.

I'm tired of scrunching my body. So I created a makeshift standing station. A rubbermaid storage box is the base. A TV tray provides the height. I put my keyboard on the TV tray. I angle my monitor up.

For the past 3 days, I've stood working for at least 8 hours. I can feel it in my leg muscles. I can feel the stretch in my mid-section . I even feel an improvement in my posture as I pull my shoulders back now, where before I was rounding them.

The only problem is...my feet hurt! Guess I'll have to kick off the slip-on sandals for something with more support.

I'm just happy that I don't have to conduct my business sitting down anymore!

No comments: