I drink caffeinated in the morning, then switch to decaf in the afternoon. What can I say...I'm a coffee fanatic!
In my last post, I mentioned I created a standing station so I can spend less time sitting in front of my computer. I complained that my feet hurt. But something else was also happening...my ankles were swelling.
Back to my coffee fetish. I don't really drink just plain water. I mentioned that to my husband who forwarded me this information on dehydration. I'm sorry that I don't know the source, but check this out:
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
The past couple of days, I've been making myself drink more water. I've had at least 5 glasses. Guess what? I've noticed no ankle swelling, more energy, and lighter hunger pangs late at night. I also have to go to the bathroom more...but I can live with that.
So, Cheers! Here's to drinking more water everyday.